The Fishery group (kalatalousryhmä) promotes the implementation of programmes within the fisheries section
To implement the fisheriers programme within Satakunta the LEADER groups, supervised by Leader Ravakka, have founded a fishery group.
The fishery group's tasks are:
- keep track of the fulfillment of the fishery programmes
- activate the area in order to be able to execute the programmes
- give advice and enhance the good fishery programmes through funding
- process the funding applications and give statements to the ELY-centre regarding the applications for funding of different fishery programmes
The fishery group's development goals
There are five targets within the programme:
- Rise of processing and usage of the primary production of fish.
- Improvement of the local fisheries' image.
- Improvement of the fishery infrastructure and means of production.
- Increase the knowledge and networking of the operators in the area.
- Increase tourism related to fishing.
The fishery groups within Bothnian Sea and lake Pyhäjärvi also implement the European Maritime and Fishery Fund goals: preparation for climate change, innovation and consideration of environmental values. External and internal communication is very important for the local fishery groups.